CANSI National Seminar and AGM in Canmore, AB November 23- 27, 2016 Posted on Oct 13th, 2016
Start your season off on the right ski by attending the 2016-2017 National Seminar in November at Canmore!
The Telemark briefing and seminar had to be cancelled due to low registration and to difficulties for several national Course Conductors to attend but there will be a group of CANSI Telemark instructors skiing together. To join please email email@example.com.
This year's theme for the course conductors briefing and the seminar is "Improving teaching skills across the country".
The national course conductors briefing on November 23 and 24 will focus on:
- Standardizing what we expect of Level I and Level II candidates from a teaching perspective;
- Changes to technique or to methods of teaching.
The national seminar on November 25 - 27 will offer:
- Group sessions from instructors across the country on how to improve your teaching and your skiing;
- The latest updates to changes in ski technique and improvements in teaching methodologies;
- Private lessons with top instructors to improve your own skiing and teaching.
* New this year will be a chance to have your own skiing assessed if you are interested in taking a higher level course .*
The 2015-2016 CANSI AGM will take place the evening of November 26. This is your chance to learn the latest news of what's happening with CANSI.
Accommodations for members at the Alpine Club of Canada at Canmore (about $30/night) was pre-booked by John Gallagher. Space is limited so make your reservation early by contacting John at 403 678 6764. You will be able to pay with a credit card over the phone.
Check the National Seminar news on CANSI.ca regularly to read more details as they become available.
Remember, to re-certify, national level course conductors must attend both days of the briefing and must teach at least one group lesson during the seminar in their respective technique. Regional level course conductors wishing to recertify must attend both days of the briefing. All other instructors must attend at least one day of professional development in their respective technique during the seminar to recertify.